This recipe explains the Nigerian Goat Meat Pepper Soup.
Goat Meat Pepper Soup [Video]
Goat Meat adds a special traditional flavour to the Nigerian Pepper soup recipe.
Ingredients for Goat Meat Pepper Soup
* 700g Goat Meat (with skin)
* 4 seeds Ehu or Ariwo or Calabash
* Habanero Pepper (to taste)
* A few scent leaves or 2 table spoons dry
* 2 medium onions
* Salt (to taste)
* 2 big stock cubes
For the Agidi:
* 120g corn flour. You can also use Akamu/Ogi/Pap
Note: You can add white yam to Goat Meat Pepper Soup to get Goat Meat and Yam Pepper Soup. In that case, peel the yam and cut into big pieces and add them when the goat meat is almost done, some time between steps 2 and 3 under cooking directions below.
Before you cook the Nigerian Pepper Soup
1. If you will eat the Goat meat peppersoup with Agidi, prepare some and set aside to cool down and set.
2. Peel and grind the ‘secret’ ingredient (ehu seeds) with a dry mill. You can also roast it with an
old frying pan before grinding them. Roasting is known to improve the flavour.
3. Cut the onions into big chunks. If you want pieces of onions in yours, cut into tiny pieces.
4. Pick and wash the scent leaves. If using dry uziza, rub with your fingers to break them into tiny pieces.
1. Wash the goat meat and put in a sizeable pot. Pour water to cover the meat and then some. I love lots of water in my pepper soups.
Goat meat is tough so use a pressure cooker to cook it if you have one.
2. Add the stock cubes, ground ehu seeds and the chunks of onion and start cooking.
3. When the meat is done, remove the chunks of onion.
4. Add pepper, scent leaves or uziza leaves.
5. Cover the pot and leave to simmer for 5 minutes and the pepper soup is ready.
6. Serve piping hot with the agidi. Pepper Soup should always be served hot.
It can be eaten alone with a chilled drink by the side. You can also eat it with Agidi, White Rice or Boiled Yam.
– WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW…
NEED MORE FOOD RECIPES? Just ClickHERE>>>.